FUEL PUMP BAD??

1998 Jaguar XJ8

Ayden2009

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:07 AM

I replaced my fuel pump last September. Today when I went to start my car it wouldnt start. The definatley is gas in the car but when I turn the key it sounds like im out of gas. I checked the fuel pump fuese in the back and non of them are blown. Also when I turn the key I hear a faint sound in the back ike the fuel pump wants to kick on but from what I can remember it doesnt sound like it usually does. What could be the problem and is my new fuel pump shot?

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:11 AM

You need to have the pressure checked to confirm. Yes, it may be bad again but remember, the reason for the failure could be a lot of dirt in the tank which will fail a pump whether new or old.

Ayden2009

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:15 AM

When you say failure is there a way to clean the dirt out? Or should I just chalk it up to a new pump? Thanks for your response!

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:19 AM

The tank needs to be removed, cleaned and a new pump installed. If thats the problem

Ayden2009

August, 31, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

Oh ok thank you! Uggh!

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe