1998 Honda Civic Transmission code P0753

BCMULLEN95
  • 1998 HONDA CIVIC
I replaced the transmission with a used one and no it is throwing the P0753. I am at a loss as to why. The car seems to drive fine.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 6:03 PM

CADIEMAN
U will need to have shift solenoid a checked and replaced if needed.
-1
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 6:49 PM
BCMULLEN95
I am using the solenoid off of the old transmission, Is there a way I can test it. Is there a possibility of the valve body being bad. The reason for the swap was the old transmission was slipping, but nothing else was wrong with it.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 6:55 PM
CADIEMAN
U will need to install a good transmission.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 7:50 PM
BCMULLEN95
I am asking for some diagnostic assistance please. I don't have extra money floating around and would like to know what I can do to help resolve my problem. I found a test procedure for the solenoid, The OHMS are at 13.6 and I can hear a click when I apply 12V power to the solenoid. What else could it be? Could it be a bad valve body? To the best of my knowledge the transmission I got was good.
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 AT 8:30 PM
CADIEMAN
I'm sorry due to the age of the part it either works or it is bad and u said u hear it trying to engauge u will need to replace the tcc seliniold to clear the code or it will never engauge.
Thursday, March 20th, 2014 AT 6:08 PM
BCMULLEN95
Will be looking for that part and cross my fingers it works, however in case it doesn't resolve my issue could you get me the information to test the wiring harness/ harnesses? I think this car has had this problem before I replaced the transmission. Thanks
Friday, March 28th, 2014 AT 6:09 PM
CADIEMAN
Info is at troubleshootmyvehicle. Com good luck bro. Craig
Friday, March 28th, 2014 AT 8:29 PM
BCMULLEN95
Thanks for that info, I also need the electrical scamatics for the PCM and the electrical wireharness to see if there is a shirt to ground or something else.
Sunday, March 30th, 2014 AT 12:09 PM
BCMULLEN95
Here is a link for the information I am looking for, but I need it specifically for a 98 honda civic LX 1.6 liter 2wd.
http://www.2carpros.com/questions/honda-civic-2001-honda-civic-transmission-code-p1735-with-blinking-d
Sunday, March 30th, 2014 AT 12:24 PM
CADIEMAN
THIS CAR NEEDS TO GO TO A TRANSMISSION SHOP TO BE REPAIRED PROPERLY!
Saturday, October 18th, 2014 AT 5:13 AM