YESTERDAY I NOTICED A BURNISH SMELL AS I PULLED ...

1998 GMC C1500

Tiny

Anonymous

January, 30, 2013 AT 6:49 PM

Yesterday I noticed a burn-ish smell as I pulled into the driveway. Today I went to start it. Nothing. So I charged the battery with a charger until it read full. Lights came on (no dimming that I noticed) including dash lights. Clicked but wouldn't turn over. Just the click. Ran inside to check something and ten minutes later it was dead again. No click, no light, nothing. Cleaned the terminals but the battery is at least 5-6 years old. What could the culprits be here?

FOUND 1581 RELATED QUESTIONS

1 Answer

Tiny

gmtech

January, 30, 2013 AT 8:49 PM

Maybe something overloaded and you burned out a fusable link at the starter. You could have corroded connections at your starter. Was the smell inside or outside the car?

Please login or register to post a reply.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000