CAR OVERHEAT WHEN AC IS ON AFTER BEING IN ...

1998 Dodge Stratus

mufteeh

December, 6, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

Car overheat when AC is ON after being in traffic for about 20mins, I do hear the water in the reservoir boiling seriously. The two fan blows ok, but doesn`t overheat when on when there is no traffic and AC is ON. Please what do I need to do?

mufteeh

December, 7, 2012 AT 9:30 AM

Please what is likely to happen to a car if water comes out from the radiator cover when the car is on the road?

Docfixit

December, 7, 2012 AT 9:11 PM

Possible faulty thermostst or reduced cooling capacity of radiator

mufteeh

December, 9, 2012 AT 6:32 AM

Thanks how can l check d cooling of the radiator? Thou am using the car in nigeria but due to the hot weather in nigeria which has really caused overheating and damaged the car engine the thermostat was removed and the fan was connected direct.

Docfixit

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:01 PM

When engine warmed feel along radiator core see if cooler at bottom than top woyld indicate corroson in radiator. Maybe can flush. Also spray water on radiator if temp drops good indication of radiator fault if temp does not drop then may have exhaust gas intrusion into cooling jacket

mufteeh

December, 10, 2012 AT 4:16 PM

Thanks Doc, I noticed that the water in the radiator has change seems like there is corrossion in the radiator, because the water do wet the radiator cover and it has changed color and even the water reserve plastic has brownish color. I wil check the radiator and get back to you.

mufteeh

December, 11, 2012 AT 9:06 AM

Hi Doc, the radiator was warm its not cool at all when I felt it after the engine has warm for 20mins.

mufteeh

December, 11, 2012 AT 11:08 AM

The water in the reservoir coolant bubbles and I noticed that the upper and lower hose are hot seriously, can it be radiator problem? Pls help.

mufteeh

December, 12, 2012 AT 9:22 AM

Problem rectified, radiator was drain and washed, the temperature has remain normal since then

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500