OVERHEATING PROBLEM

1999 Dodge Stratus

likemack

August, 2, 2010 AT 11:06 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150 miles

I have a 1999 dodge stratus and I have replaced the water pump and the thermostat and put a new radiator cap on I still have the problem with it overheating after just driving a couple miles can you help

bluelightnin6

August, 2, 2010 AT 11:24 PM

Are the radiator fan(s) coming on properly? Also feel the radiator hoses to ensure you can feel pressure going through system.

likemack

August, 3, 2010 AT 9:24 AM

Yes I have checked the fans they are coming on properly and there is pressure running through the hoses I also checked to see if there was leaking from the heater core it all checked out alright

bluelightnin6

August, 3, 2010 AT 8:36 PM

Only thing left is the radiator itself then or air in the system, try purging all air out of the cooling system.

likemack

August, 4, 2010 AT 8:45 AM

Thanks for the advise I believe the radiator is the problem, Now I have another problem as I was checking all these thing I noticed the car was running ruff and the engine light came on, I checked the code and it was #3 cylinder miss firing so I checked the compression on the cylinder and I have 60 pounds of pressure can you tell me is this rings or valves im assuming that the reason is that it got hot.

bluelightnin6

August, 4, 2010 AT 6:50 PM

Most likely cracked cylinder head gasket or cracked head itself from overheating

Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser