1999 DODGE STRATUS OVERHEATING PROBLEM

• likemack
  • 1999 Dodge Stratus

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150 miles

I have a 1999 dodge stratus and I have replaced the water pump and the thermostat and put a new radiator cap on I still have the problem with it overheating after just driving a couple miles can you help

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 11:06 PM

• bluelightnin6

Are the radiator fan(s) coming on properly? Also feel the radiator hoses to ensure you can feel pressure going through system.

Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 11:24 PM
  • likemack

Yes I have checked the fans they are coming on properly and there is pressure running through the hoses I also checked to see if there was leaking from the heater core it all checked out alright

Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 AT 9:24 AM
  • bluelightnin6

Only thing left is the radiator itself then or air in the system, try purging all air out of the cooling system.

Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 AT 8:36 PM
  • likemack

Thanks for the advise I believe the radiator is the problem, Now I have another problem as I was checking all these thing I noticed the car was running ruff and the engine light came on, I checked the code and it was #3 cylinder miss firing so I checked the compression on the cylinder and I have 60 pounds of pressure can you tell me is this rings or valves im assuming that the reason is that it got hot.

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 8:45 AM
  • bluelightnin6

Most likely cracked cylinder head gasket or cracked head itself from overheating

Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 AT 6:50 PM