CLUTCH OR TRANSMISSION?

• jeffpearce76
  • 1998 Dodge Avenger

My 1998 dodge avenger 5 speed 2.0 no longer has a neutral. Car thinks its in gear and trys to move wen u let clutch out. Prior to breakdown car was popping out of 5th gear worse and worse till it no longer would stay in 5th unless u held it there. Now with no neautral car feels like e brake is on wen u try to drive it.
i think its the clutch plate or the transmission? Any input would be awesome! Thanx
jeff

o also found bad lower control arm bearing on passenger side, if that helps

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 7:10 PM

• saturntech9

If the clutch is releasing when pushing it in for all gears then I wouldnt suspect a clutch not releasing. Its going to be in the transmission itself or the shift linkage cables etc.I would start by looking at the cables both ends inside the car and on the transmission. For being broken out of place came loose something that just doesnt look right.I would also move the shifter around while watching everything.

Tuesday, July 24th, 2012 AT 7:25 PM