OVERHEATING

1998 Chrysler Grand Voyager

flyboy99

April, 17, 2011 AT 10:58 PM

My van started shooting water into the overflow. It was more like a blockage problem to me so here is what I have tried so far with no luck. I removed the thermostat to one make sure it was not stuck and also to make sure I had circulation. Problem continued the circulation seems slow to me not sure how fast it should circulate. So next I changed the lower rad. Hose and at that time flushed the block as well as the rad. Problem continues I am now about to replace the water pump. There is just not that much to a cooling system. I own an aircraft maintenance shop now we don't have radiators but I am a good mechanic.

caradiodoc

April, 17, 2011 AT 11:32 PM

I think you're on the wrong track. Suspect a leaking head gasket. There is a tool to check for combustion gases getting into the cooling system. It is a glass cylinder with two chambers partially filled with a dark blue liquid. Air is drawn from the radiator through the liquid. If combustion gases are present the liquid will turn bright yellow.

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer