I have a dodge stratus 98 model, after replacing the engine with a used one, the engine starts but black smoke come out from the exhaust and the check engine light didn`t go off. Pls advice on wat to check.
Ref. CEL/MIL/SES -Go to Autozone and have it scanned for free and then post them-possibilities here could be one of the following below
1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.
July, 8, 2011 AT 9:18 AM
Pls any possible means of identifying the oxygen sensor and it s way of replacing it, how do I test whether it s faulty.