ANTIFREEZE

1998 Chevrolet Camaro

sean03

June, 6, 2012 AT 4:30 PM

On my moms 1998 chevy camaro the low antifreeze light always comes on and it stays on. When you first start it it is not their when you start driving it it comes on. When you add antifreeze in the overflow the light goes out. Could the overflow have a hole in it or is it the sensor. I have read alot about the sensor that people have posted and they have the exact problem. Any suggestions. Thanks

saturntech9

June, 6, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

So when the light comes on is the coolant actually low?

sean03

June, 6, 2012 AT 5:41 PM

The radiator is full but my dad says the overflow is low so that makes me think the overflow has a hole in it. But you never see and fluid on the ground. It is the original overflow tank.

saturntech9

June, 6, 2012 AT 7:00 PM

Which engine do you have in the car?

sean03

June, 6, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

5.7l v8 chevy z28 camaro convertiable

saturntech9

June, 6, 2012 AT 8:04 PM

You need to find out where the leak is in your cooling system that is causing your coolant tank to empty. You can rent a coolant pressure tester at auto zone that you use to find the leak and test the radiator cap also. Its a free rental with deposite. Let me know what you find.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage