PARKED CAR, AGAIN IT WOULDN'T START

• William29
  • 1997 Volkswagen Jetta

I fitted the new fuel pump and my car started again but after driving a few kilometers I parked my car when I wanted to drive again it wouldn't start. I jump start my car but reverse the cables so when I try to start the car it wouldn't cause I didn't get fuel at my injectors I check my fuses plug out the wires of the fuel pump to check if there is power on the cables and there was so I fitted a new fuel pump and then the car started again but after a few kilometers I parked the car but when I try to start, it did but just died again so when I checked I couldn't here my fuel pump comes on but there is power on the switch of the pump. When I put the pump direct on the battery it pumps perfectly even if its taken out of the tank still connected to its original wires.

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

• rasmataz

Check and test fuse no.11 and fuel pump relay in the fuse/relay panel if okay check ground circuit brown wire at fuel pump

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 9:13 PM
  • rasmataz

What engine liter is this?

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 9:23 PM
  • rasmataz

F/P/EWD

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 9:26 PM