PARKED CAR, AGAIN IT WOULDN'T START

1997 Volkswagen Jetta

William29

July, 7, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

I fitted the new fuel pump and my car started again but after driving a few kilometers I parked my car when I wanted to drive again it wouldn't start. I jump start my car but reverse the cables so when I try to start the car it wouldn't cause I didn't get fuel at my injectors I check my fuses plug out the wires of the fuel pump to check if there is power on the cables and there was so I fitted a new fuel pump and then the car started again but after a few kilometers I parked the car but when I try to start, it did but just died again so when I checked I couldn't here my fuel pump comes on but there is power on the switch of the pump. When I put the pump direct on the battery it pumps perfectly even if its taken out of the tank still connected to its original wires.

July, 7, 2012 AT 9:13 PM

Check and test fuse no.11 and fuel pump relay in the fuse/relay panel if okay check ground circuit brown wire at fuel pump

July, 7, 2012 AT 9:23 PM

What engine liter is this?

July, 7, 2012 AT 9:26 PM

F/P/EWD

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement