97 3LITER V-6

1997 Plymouth Voyager

petet1234

August, 25, 2011 AT 11:22 PM

I have a 97 plymoth voyager It normally starts as soon as you turn the key. This morning it turned a couple of times and started and drove normal. Then 2nd time I left this morning it turned like 6 times then started. The 3rd time I went to go somewere this morning it turned a bunch of times then finally started I made it down the road and it stalled then wouldn't start. After like 15 min it started again and I made it back home. Now it won't start at all I pulled the fuel line and it has gas going threw. I took out the air box and when I tried to start it again smoke did come out I pulled a plug and it showed a little spark. I do know the plugs need to be replaced. Any ideas?

petet1234

August, 25, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

I did try starting fluid no help

August, 28, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma