Clutch not working

WILSONJON
  • 1997 ISUZU RODEO
I replaced it clutch the throwout bearing slave cylinder and still have no pressure in my clutch pedal what could be the problem I can't see any leaks around the master cylinder please help
Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 AT 11:40 AM

It sounds like the clutch went out here is a video with diagrams below to watch that will walk you through the steps on a similar car the process is the same.

https://youtu.be/JpzefqEeVGE

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Saturday, July 25th, 2015 AT 6:53 AM
DYL3733
  • 1991 ISUZU RODEO
My clutch is not working its to the floor with no pressure plz help. I drove it home speed shifting but it's parked now. It's a 91 Isuzu rodeo it's most likely a 91 clutch. So it might be due for me to replace it. I'm bout to loose my mind if I have to drop my tranny.
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 AT 5:13 PM (Merged)
Your vehicle has a hydraulic clutch. Chances are the slave cylinder or the clutch master cylinder is bad. Check the fluid to see if it is full.
BRYAN58
  • 1996 ISUZU RODEO
Ok, up front thanks, this has been driving me crazy. I have a 96 Rodeo, I recently had to replace the throw out(clutch release) bearing and at the same time repalced the pilot buching, clutch & pressure plates. Master and slave cylinders as well. The cylinders were ok but since they were the original parts I just went ahead and replaced them. My problem is this When you press on the clutch pedal The throw out bearing moves AWAY from the clu tch assembly. I can't for the life of me figure out what I did wrong. I never removed the release arm that connects the slave cylinder to the throwout bearing. I don't seem to be missing anything, but then anything ios possible, additionally I can't find an accurate diagram of the complete assy. BTW I have the JApanese transmission not the Borg-Warner.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
+1
RACEFAN966
Is there any way you can include a pic of the slave and how it is placed with the release arm? Get back to me and we will go from there.
GROTTE13
  • 1993 ISUZU RODEO
1993 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 200k miles

driving in 5th, tach started jumping and engin roaring shigted to 4th, ran okay, mile later stop sign, stoped, shifted to neutral, shifted to 1st, nothing tried 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th, and reverse would not move grinding or loose metal noise from engin compartment when in gear and cluth released, less grinding in neutral.

Clutch Gone?
Hi grotte13, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

If its not moving as you accelerate from a stop and rpm raising and it ain't moving the way it should its slipping

Sir-I hate to inform you but the clutch assembly when south on you-Sorry
NUNU0411
  • 1995 ISUZU RODEO
Other Category problem
1995 Isuzu Rodeo Question 6 cyl Wheel Drive Type unknown Manual 120000 miles

my clutch on my 95 rodeo goes all the way down and the gear wont go into shift does anyone have any idea what is wrong with it? Please help.
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

Check the reservoir for fluid.
If low or empty you will have a leak at the master cylinder or the slave cylinder. Replace faulty components and bleed system. If you are not able to do this your self, add fluid (brake fluid) and try clutch, you may have enough clutch response to get to a mechanic. Try this first.

STIMEY
  • 1994 ISUZU RODEO
1994 isuzu rodeo with 158,000 miles. I had a new hydraulic clutch put in at 130,000 miles. Over the past few months, the fluid level in the master cylinder has dropped drastically. Recently, I have to continue to pump the clutch every 1.5 hours or so to maintain pressure. If I don't, within 2-3 hours, all the fluid will be drained out of the master and I have to fill it up and repump my clutch pedal for 10-15 min. Until I get pressure. What would be the cause for the fluid loss? I have also noticed a bad smell at highway speeds which I am assuming is the fluid burning off of the pressure plate. Thanks for you time in addressing this and any help would be greatly appreciated
JACK42
Probably a bad seal in the master (if that is where the leak is at). They only last so long and at 158k you got your moneys worth out of that one
JEANJARMAN
  • 1994 ISUZU RODEO
Just wondering if my Isuzu Rodeo has an adjustable clutch. When I start driving my truck in the morning I have not got much clutch. To the floor and very hard to get into gear. Drive it a little and it gets better but still hardly not clutch
If yo have a cable see pic I f hydraulic check fluid
+1
JEANJARMAN
How do I check the fluid in hydraulic clutch?
Look for the master for the clutch it will be smaller than brake and remove top and see if it's full ornot. Use brake fluid.
JEANJARMAN
Thank you so much. That did the trick.
TEDG
  • 2000 ISUZU RODEO
I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo in which the clutch pedal went to the floor & stayed there. Upon inspection, the clutch master cylinder was empty on fluid. I filled the reservoir & bleed the clutch master slave cylinder with no luck. After the car had sat for a couple day's I noticed a leak coming from the slave cylinder. I replaced the slave cylinder & bleed the air from the line, now my problem is that the clutch feels more like the brake petal then a clutch. The petal builds pressure but never goes to the floor to disengage the clutch. I bleed the line so that the petal would go to the floor once again so I could start the car & what it started there was a grinding noise until I lifted the petal up & the grinding noise went away. I pushed back down on the petal & the noise comes back. Any ideas what might be the problem?
DOCFIXIT
Noise is release bearing does truck have original clutch?
-1
TEDG
I'm unsure, I was told when I bought the car 8 months ago that the clutch had been replaced. I'm pretty handy with repairs & was per-paired to pull the transmission as I thought the throwout bearing was the problem until I noticed the slave cylinder leaking. I replaced that & got pressure on the clutch but now it acts like the brake pedal in that it doesn't go to the floor, it goes halfway & stops with constant pressure. The only way I was able to start the car was to bleed the slave cylinder to drop the pedal then started the car. Once the car started with the clutch pedal down to the floor it made a grinding noise. When I lifted the pedal, the grinding noise stopped, I pressed back down on the clutch pedal to see if it would do it again & it did.
+1
DOCFIXIT
Think R&R is in order suspect bearing cocking and hanging on sleeve