3.2L V6 CLUTCH INSTALL

1995 Isuzu Rodeo

maukatallguy

March, 7, 2011 AT 9:43 PM

What is the sequence that the release bearing parts are installed in?

March, 7, 2011 AT 10:00 PM

This is the procedure as stated in our database.

Assemble release bearing, shift collar, release fork, and retaining springs.

maukatallguy

March, 7, 2011 AT 10:30 PM

Thank you KHLow2008, as you know, this clutch release bearing is a quite different P.I.T.A. Than the normal type that presses against the pressure plate spring fingers to release the clutch. This one has a 'nose' on it that goes through another piece/collar that in turn goes through a ring on the pressure plate. I'm having a great deal of trouble stabbing all of this as the transmission is installed, hence my question about the sequence, does that collar get put into the ring in the center of the pressure plate first, before stabbing the transmission, or is the collar pre-assembled onto the nose of the release bearing? This is the hardest to stab transmission assembly that i've ever done.

March, 8, 2011 AT 7:53 PM

This is known as the pull type and I could not get any good diagrams to show you. Diagram shows how to remove but not how to install. It means the collar has to go into the pressure plater before the bearing is installed.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement