DRIVER POWER WINDOW WONT GO BACK UP

• kevinloken
  • 1997 Ford Taurus

I have a problem but just with driver window it went down but now doesnt work at all. All other windows work fine, when I press driver window button I hear a clicking noise coming from under dash I thought it would be power window relay and no it wasnt problem PLZ HELP its weird when I turn off car when I press the lock button twice and key is out of ignition I can still put any other window down until interior light clicks off

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 6:32 AM

• rasmataz

Could be the battery saver or the accessory delay relay and the generic control module under left side of I/P and also the master switch itself

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 8:56 AM
  • kevinloken

Thanks for the quick reply just curious what the generic control module looks like? Or the master switch itself? Or battery saver

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 4:17 PM
  • rasmataz

The master control switch is the one you control the rest of the window from the driver side-open the driver's window and investigate closely why it won't go back up

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 7:45 PM
  • kevinloken

So I took door panel off and I was looking around and nothing looks wrong I seen motor for window I touched it and it was pretty hot could I be the darn motor is shot? Sorry I can fix most things on a car but when it comes to electrical im screwed lol

Saturday, May 26th, 2012 AT 8:27 PM
  • rasmataz

Disconnect the motor pigtail and apply power to it and then reverse the power lead did it turn either way?-Nothing happens -consider replacing it-

Sunday, May 27th, 2012 AT 9:23 PM