DRIVER POWER WINDOW WONT GO BACK UP

1997 Ford Taurus

kevinloken

May, 26, 2012 AT 6:32 AM

I have a problem but just with driver window it went down but now doesnt work at all. All other windows work fine, when I press driver window button I hear a clicking noise coming from under dash I thought it would be power window relay and no it wasnt problem PLZ HELP its weird when I turn off car when I press the lock button twice and key is out of ignition I can still put any other window down until interior light clicks off

May, 26, 2012 AT 8:56 AM

Could be the battery saver or the accessory delay relay and the generic control module under left side of I/P and also the master switch itself

kevinloken

May, 26, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

Thanks for the quick reply just curious what the generic control module looks like? Or the master switch itself? Or battery saver

May, 26, 2012 AT 7:45 PM

The master control switch is the one you control the rest of the window from the driver side-open the driver's window and investigate closely why it won't go back up

kevinloken

May, 26, 2012 AT 8:27 PM

So I took door panel off and I was looking around and nothing looks wrong I seen motor for window I touched it and it was pretty hot could I be the darn motor is shot? Sorry I can fix most things on a car but when it comes to electrical im screwed lol

May, 27, 2012 AT 9:23 PM

Disconnect the motor pigtail and apply power to it and then reverse the power lead did it turn either way?-Nothing happens -consider replacing it-

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement