2002 FORD TAURUS 2002 TAURUS POWER WINDOWS FUSE OR RELAY

• mcmurraysc
  • 2002 Ford Taurus

2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

I just purchased a 2002 Ford Taurus SES at an auto auction. After purchase I realized that I could not get the drivers window to go up. None of the windows seem able to go up or down. There seems to be no other electrical problems. Radio, interior lights, rear defrost, etc. All seem to work fine. I have a manual and checked it for location of a fuse for the windows but it does not provide a location. Searching the web has turned up nothing except similar results where others have not been able to locate a fuse for the windows. I can hear a relay engage if I press the auto down on the drivers window switch but that is all. Any help appreciated.

Saturday, March 15th, 2008 AT 11:19 PM

• wilf

Check the wires between door & body check the black wire which is the 12 volt power for all the windows &the blue with black strip that goes to the GEM module under the dash on driver side

-2
Thursday, March 19th, 2009 AT 4:04 AM
  • lalo22rp

Hi
I own a 2002 Ford Taurus with the same problem. I already tried the master switch and checked fuses but nothing seems to work.
Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

-1
Friday, April 23rd, 2010 AT 2:30 PM