Power windows not working

MCMURRAYSC
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
I just purchased a 2002 Ford Taurus SES at an auto auction. After purchase I realized that I could not get the drivers window to go up. None of the windows seem able to go up or down. There seems to be no other electrical problems. Radio, interior lights, rear defrost, etc. All seem to work fine. I have a manual and checked it for location of a fuse for the windows but it does not provide a location. Searching the web has turned up nothing except similar results where others have not been able to locate a fuse for the windows. I can hear a relay engage if I press the auto down on the drivers window switch but that is all. I already tried the master switch and checked fuses but nothing seems to work.

Did you ever find a solution for your problem?Any help appreciated.
Saturday, March 15th, 2008 AT 11:19 PM

KEN
There is a one touch window relay and an accessory relay that needs to be checked and the fuses as well (10, 11 and 26). I would start by checking the fuse and if its okay try the relay. Here are a couple of guides and window wiring diagrams (below) to help you see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.
+1
Thursday, September 7th, 2017 AT 12:01 PM
BRANDNEWLIFE
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
I have an '02 Taurus, 174,000km. The drivers side power window bank works all the windows except the passenger side front; it hesitates or won't go up at all. Down is no problem. I'm finding I have to press the switch really hard to get the window to move. The switch on the passenger side has no problems at all. Could it be a loose wire inside? How do I gain access to have a look at it?
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 AT 5:49 PM (Merged)
PBJ44
Hi Justanold!

Those directions are exactly what I need! Could you please PM them to me? Thanks in advance!
KJOJO5
I need a fix to this as well! Could you please forward that email to me as well? Only. The drivers window goes down and wont go back up. And there is no response from any of the other windows, so I just need to find out how to get the module out, thank you very much! Kjojo5@hotmail. Com
MORGAN95
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive 50000 miles

power window sometimes did not work I replaced the 4 botton pad and the probllem persisted. Now it is no longer intermitent the wil not work at all. When I push driver side button down I hear a sound coming from driver side motor so I dont think it is a fuse.
+1
MERLIN2021
You need to remove the trim panel and check the regulator/motor, could be a striped plastic gear.
https://www.2carpros.com/how_to/power_window.htm
JADIVALL
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
The windows will not go up or down. One is stuck down they won't move at all and it makes no noise when you push the buttons
+1
BMRFIXIT
All windows or just one
if all check fuses and master switch (driver door )
if just one suspect motor check for power and good ground
SIX4FLORIDA@MSN.COM
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
Pass side window goes down but not up. Right now its open about 3". Is there a way to get it up manually for the time being?
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 AT 5:51 PM (Merged)
BMRFIXIT
You can remove door panel unplug motor and feed power and ground that should make the motor work if switching the polarity will change the direction that the motor travel
you can try doing it through the switch wires too
BEAU SCOTT
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS
I have taken this car to two mechanics, no luck window will work from in side penal. Got new shtick from ford not working. I did notice window lock is nosy working could there be somthing wrong with the lock affecting the windows? Other three windows work fine. Iam a senior and wok for the brigantine elks thank you for understanding
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020 AT 5:52 PM (Merged)
Normally locks which i'm assuming is door lock doesn'teffect window operation unless broken and in channel which is highly unlikely. If the window works form inside panel then what is problem? Or are you talking about door locks working from inside and not outside? Change battery in key fob first it may be low causing your problem.
BEAU SCOTT
I don, t think I explaned myself very well. Mechanic had window working from inside of door, switch is new from ford when I plugged just the window harness the window would not work when I plugged the window lock harries in the other three windows worked, so theese two must work together could the window lock relay have something to do with it? The mechanic said it was the computer and would cost about 800.00 so we now the motor is good but from the motor to the switch seems to be the problem help
It may be your gem module screwing up but wouldneed scanning to see if it is or not.
SILLYBIRD224
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS
None of the power windows will go up or down sun roof doesn't open and interior lights don't work can u help
Check applicable fuses for voltage. Also, the driver door gets opened and closed so much, sometimes the wires break. At the driver door wire harness, the lite blue wire with black tracer is voltage. The black wire is voltage, check them both.
This is part of power window circuit.
I meant to say the black wire is ground.
LEON BOLLINGER
  • 2001 FORD TAURUS
2001 ford - Remote mirrors quit also and the dome light quit could it be a relay and if so which one. Before all this come about the battery would show drain when nothing was on and the trunk light bulb burned out and now I have this problem would appreciate in help.
If the trunk bulb burned out, (which is not the same as "stopped working"), that is not related to the windows and mirrors. First check the fuses. If you find one blown, start by looking for broken or frayed wires between the driver's door hinges.
-1

Sponsored links