POWER WINDOWS FUSE OR RELAY

2002 Ford Taurus

mcmurraysc

March, 15, 2008 AT 11:19 PM

2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

I just purchased a 2002 Ford Taurus SES at an auto auction. After purchase I realized that I could not get the drivers window to go up. None of the windows seem able to go up or down. There seems to be no other electrical problems. Radio, interior lights, rear defrost, etc. All seem to work fine. I have a manual and checked it for location of a fuse for the windows but it does not provide a location. Searching the web has turned up nothing except similar results where others have not been able to locate a fuse for the windows. I can hear a relay engage if I press the auto down on the drivers window switch but that is all. Any help appreciated.

wilf

March, 19, 2009 AT 4:04 AM

Check the wires between door & body check the black wire which is the 12 volt power for all the windows & the blue with black strip that goes to the GEM module under the dash on driver side

lalo22rp

April, 23, 2010 AT 2:30 PM

Hi
I own a 2002 Ford Taurus with the same problem. I already tried the master switch and checked fuses but nothing seems to work.
Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test