STARTING

1997 Dodge Ram

wagmaster

July, 19, 2013 AT 7:00 AM

Sometimes when I try to start my truck all I get is a click when I turn the key, then sometimes it starts right up, it took me over an hour this morning to start because the click just wouldn't turn the truck motrer, just a click click click, the truch has enough power and I just replaced the battery and alternator a couple of months ago, the problem did persist like this beforehand though as well, been goin on for about 8 months now and just seems to ber getting worse now

hmac300

July, 19, 2013 AT 7:26 AM

Try smacking the starter body while trying to start. If it starts you need a starter. Make sure battery is in good condition though

wagmaster

July, 19, 2013 AT 9:18 AM

Ok the battery is less than a month old I replaced it shortly after I replaced the alternator. Someone once told me that there was a bad sensor,
can that be the case? Or how about the solenoid?

hmac300

July, 19, 2013 AT 9:26 AM

Did you do what I suggested inprevious reply? You'll need an assistant anduse a hammer to hit it with. Or remove the starter and take to an auto parts for testing.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement