ENGINE IS OVERHEATING

1997 BMW 328

Mrs. Farrell

March, 9, 2012 AT 10:16 PM

My 97 bmw 328i is overheating. I changed out the thermostat and it's plenty of fluids in it, not sure why it could still be overheating. It just started overheating two weeks ago. I changed the thermostat, put coolant and oil in it, and blead the lines for possible air bubble, nothing seems to be working. The air also is cold, it's not getting hot.

fixitmr

March, 10, 2012 AT 12:03 AM

Was heat ok before? When there is no heat the coolant is low/air/not circulating.

Mrs. Farrell

March, 10, 2012 AT 3:26 PM

Yes heat was working fine before. I made sure there was plenty of coolant in it. My husband flushed my car out as well as bleed my lines to try to get rid of air bubbles. He drove it last night and it started to overheat again, but when he put the car in reverse, he said the temp gage went down from red to middle wayi.

fixitmr

March, 13, 2012 AT 6:45 AM

Thats odd. Will have to mull that over. Experiment some more. Is it really overheating? Or is gauge funny?

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer