My 1996 Toyota Camry airbag light stays on?What should I do

SJISHAQ
  • 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • 125 MILES
I accidentally took out the SRS air bag fuse and then I putted it back on and now the sign is on and wont go away so what should I do.
Monday, September 5th, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

MHPAUTOS
Get a scan done just to check what the code is, also make sure that the fuse was not blown, test it with a multi meter just to be sure.
Monday, September 5th, 2011 AT 10:57 PM
SJISHAQ
The fuse is okay. I don't want to go to the dealer
+3
Monday, September 5th, 2011 AT 10:59 PM
MHPAUTOS
Any mechanic with a good scanner can check this for you.
+1
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 AT 8:25 AM
SJISHAQ
I checked it with a mechanic and the mechanic says you need to reset the light. The mechanic doesn't know how to reset the light. Can you please tell me how to do this at home.I really don't want to go to the dealer because last time I went there they messed up my car.
+1
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 AT 9:55 PM
MHPAUTOS
You can't just re set the light, this is a fault code and the problem must be fixed first, the code will identify the problem, doing a re set will do nothing, the light will come on straight away, what is the code, get a scan done and tell me so I can assist.
+1
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 AT 10:42 PM
BUS933S
I just replaced combination switch and new clock spring 96 camry. Airbag light was not on prior. Now is on all the time. Eveything is connected, code 14 is bad clock spring, but horn and cruise work. I'm having a hard time accepting this is true problem. Assembly from toyota dealer special order oem. Other ideas?
+1
Friday, February 17th, 2017 AT 10:46 AM
KEN
Hey BUS933S,

Try to clear the airbag codes first. If the light stays on it sounds like you got a bad clock spring from the dealer which is common on those parts. The problem is the mechanics int he back break them becasue they are fragile and them turn them back in. Then an unsuspecting customer (you) purchases the part and installs it.

Please remove the part and turn it in as defective.

Let me know what happens

Best, Ken
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 3:13 PM