LEAKING WATER ONTO PASSENGER FLOOR

1996 Plymouth Voyager

khaleelgrant

February, 14, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

My 96 Grand Voyager SE has condensation on the inside windshield every morning and when I start it up it leaks a puddle of water on to carpet from underneath the glove compartment on the passenger side. I left the van sitting for 2 weeks and mold is forming inside. How can I combat this problem because I will be leaving this van for about six weeks & don't want mold to be all over. Please Help! Thx

February, 14, 2012 AT 10:37 PM

Remove the rug and insulation to let it air out. Then you need the leak to be determined and repaired. If it is coolant, it is the heater core. If it is water, then you have an external leak into the passenger compartment.

Wrenchtech

February, 14, 2012 AT 10:38 PM

The first thing you have to do is locate the leak and repair it. Then you will have to replace the carpet.

Check for leaking heater core, plugged up condensation drain for the A/C or external rain leaks.

khaleelgrant

February, 14, 2012 AT 10:40 PM

Ok thanks guys. It is water that is leaking but how do I find the condensation drain for A/C?

February, 14, 2012 AT 10:44 PM

Under the hood. Passenger side down low on the firewall. Rubber plug with a 90 degree elbow

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda