WON'T START AND THE BRAKE FEELS LOCKED

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee

eriannaabyss

February, 2, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

My '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo won't start and the brake feels locked (won't even go down at all). The gauges read fine except for the oil which apparently is really low (think there is small oil leak as I am not due for an oil change for another few m

Brake won't go down. Can hear a humming noise from the rear of car when I try to turn key. The ABS (off) button on the right side of the console next to wheel lights of very faintly

fixitmr

February, 2, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

I think brake wont go down until it starts. Humm sounds like fuel pump?

eriannaabyss

February, 2, 2012 AT 12:30 AM

I'm not sure I understand. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but with my car you have to press the break before turning the ignition and shifting gears. When I try to press the brake and turn the ignition on the break wont go down. It feels locked or hard as a rock. The wheel moves, all the electrics seem to work fine. It's not even trying to turn over nor clicking as if it's a battery issue. Four years ago it had a fuel pump issue and even then it would try and turn over it just would never full do so.

fixitmr

February, 2, 2012 AT 1:55 AM

Try wiggling shift lever in park. Your neutral safety trans switch may be going out. You could also try it in neutral if it will shift.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe