No crank/ start

BCMULLEN95
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 1996 Honda Accord EX 2.2L. Just replaced timing belt and balancer belt, the car will not turn over. Any ideas?
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 3:20 AM

BCMULLEN95
I have a feeling that I don't have everything line to to the correct timing marks. Do you have a diagram for the timing mark for the balancer shaft and oil pump and crank pulley. That is where I think I am not aligned.
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 3:29 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
If the engine doesn't turn over, it's most likely an electrical issue. Was the batter and starter reconnected properly?
Here's some pictures for you. Find the one that most closely resembles your engine.
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 3:46 AM
BCMULLEN95
Yes the stater was never diconected and the cables were put back on correctly.
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 3:51 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Ok. Make sure the battery is fully charged, then. The starter is what causes the engine to turn over when starting, so if the engine isn't turning over, the starter, battery, starter solenoid are the most likely culprits.

If you mean that the engine isn't starting, then you need to double check that you set the timing marks correctly.
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 4:06 AM
BCMULLEN95
If the balancer shaft is not aligned corectly what will happen with the car? The battery was dead somewhat, it started this morning. After looking at the diagrams I am concerned that the balancer shaft might be off a few teeth.
Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 10:16 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
If you mean the timing marks, they need to be as perfectly aligned as possible. Most Honda engines can be easily damaged by pistons slapping valves if these marks aren't properly aligned.
Tuesday, July 19th, 2011 AT 12:01 AM