BACK BRAKES ON CHEVY

1996 Chevrolet Corsica

hmtjlt38

The brake fluid was leaking from the back brake and my husband fixed the leak. But the brakes are still not braking correctly. They will stop but the brake goes all the way to the floor. What to do?

Jacobandnickolas

January, 10, 2011 AT 12:50 AM

I don't know where the leak was coming from, so bear with me. First, if the pedal goes to the floor, either you still have a leak or the master cylender is bad. Also, when he repaired the leak, he should have bled the brakes. If he didn't do that, it needs done. If that still doesn't help. Recheck for leaks, check the rubber brake lines on the front to make sure they are not expanding when the brakes are used, and if all is good, my guess is the master cylender is bad. (NOTE: Tell him to make sure the rear brake shoes are properly adjusted. That can give you a low pedal, but it shouldn't go to the floor).

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front