IS THE FUEL PUMP THE PROB. WITH MY 95

1995 Saturn SL2

cargirldawn

July, 13, 2012 AT 7:57 PM

I have had all of the cheap and easy stuff done to my saturn, but half the people I am talking to tell me I need a fuel pump. The key will turn over and the car sounds like it wants to start, but not getting fuel. When I turn key on the radio and ignition chime also do not come on. I have had relays etc. Checked and changed. The car ran for two days and then wouldn't start again. Will the electric fuel pump cause these two things not to come on? The fuses are good.

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

saturntech9

July, 13, 2012 AT 8:09 PM

A bad fuel pump wont cause other things to not come on. Does the blower motor ever stop working or wipers power windows if you have them?Also any codes?Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?Also does it start right now?

saturntech9

July, 14, 2012 AT 7:05 AM

Heres what I would try on the drivers side behind the inside fuses there is a large rectanglar box. That is your chime module remove it and then plug it back in make sure its fully seated. Then see if it will start sounds crazy but from what you describe it just might work.

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement