OVERHEATING?

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora

ntrimble7

October, 8, 2013 AT 8:29 AM

I have a 95 Oldsmobile Aurora and it started overheating, we changed the thermostat, the water pump, and the thermostat/water pump housing. Now all that is put back together and I have water leaking out of my reservoir cap. Any advice? Also I noticed right before the overheating started that my temperature gauge is not working. Could that have something to do with all of this and how can I fix it?

October, 8, 2013 AT 9:01 AM

Can you check for coolant flow through the radiator? So the recovery bottle is boiling over? Does the radiator fan work? Could be combustion gases in your coolant caused by a faulty gasket or a crack somewhere.

ntrimble7

October, 8, 2013 AT 9:56 AM

How can I reset my ect sensor?

ntrimble7

October, 8, 2013 AT 10:05 AM

How would I go about checking for a crack or bad gasket? What would I look for

October, 8, 2013 AT 10:06 AM

You didn't answer any of my questions? There isn't any reset for that sensor. Usually with OBD1 if you unplug that sensor, the radiator fan runs all the time. I can't tell if your fully obd1 compliant? 95 is a cross-over year.

October, 8, 2013 AT 10:09 AM

It will help if you answer some of my other questions. I answer some of yours, you answer some of mine, that's how it works.

ntrimble7

October, 8, 2013 AT 10:11 AM

Very little coolant through radiator, yes it's boiling over, yes both fans work, I have no water in my oil and no white smoke. Is there any way I can truck that sensor into working so I'll know what my temperature of the car is actually reading.

ntrimble7

October, 8, 2013 AT 10:14 AM

I did answer your questions so sorry my other questions got to you before my answers. Now maybe we can get back in track thank you very much for your time and helping me try to fix my problems : -)

October, 8, 2013 AT 10:26 AM

Usually with a cross-flow radiator, on a cool engine, drain some of the coolant down till you can see the top coolant passages if possible. Remove thermostat, hook everything back up, the coolant flow is instant when you start the engine. If very little or no coolant flow in radiator, maybe a clogged engine block or radiator?

If you suspect the coolant sensor is faulty, replace it, I don't think it costs much. Give me a second on that sensor.

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500