Lifter ticking all RPM and low speed hesitstion

BOBHILLIER
  • 1995 MERCURY TRACER
The car sat for a year changed oil and have driven 50 miles or more it still ticks its a very low milage car for the year can it be fixed without tearing the top end apart I am skilled enough to do the job but if I don't have to tear apart I would be very happy I am in this car cheap and its mint want to keep profit high if possible thanks
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 AT 4:14 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Most likely you will have to replace the lifters. They are varnished and frozen from your description.

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 AT 4:40 PM
BOBHILLIER
That's the thing it is clean enough to eat off of I wouldn't but everything is like new and only 60,000 miles also it didn't do it when I first drove it just started and the hesitating also just started
Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 AT 10:29 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Lots of issues with the lifters in this motor. Remove them and check them for varnishing.

Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 AT 11:52 PM
BOBHILLIER
That's what I needed to know do u think mmo will clean them up without removing them if not I will just take them out and check also can they be cleaned or just replaced if they r tarnished thank u for the help Bob
Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 12:03 AM
ASEMASTER6371
Nope, they would have to be removed. It would be a good idea to replace them if you have them out.

Wednesday, September 21st, 2011 AT 12:11 AM