A family member accidently left the door ajar.

LAWMAN65
  • 1995 DODGE CARAVAN

A family member accidently left the door ajar while in the garage for two days. The battery was almost dead would not turn the engine over. I put a 40 amp battery charger on the battery while it was still in the carvan. I left all battery terminals still connected to thye batery. I let I charge for about 40 minutes. I removed the battery charger and turned the key to start the engine. The engine turns over just fine but the caravan will not start. It is if it is getting no fire from the distributor cap. I never ever had a problem like this in all the years I have had this vehicle. I have done mechanic work on heavy equipment and older type atomibles without on board computers. Normally I disconnect the positive terminal from the battery when it charge it but this time I was caught off gaurd and sort in a hurry. There is no check engine lights on the dash when I try to start it. Lights and guages all work fine. It is as if someone just disconnected a coil wire. It turns over fine just will not fire off and start. This beats all I have everseen. I had a complete tune up last year by the dodge dealership. Never ever had a problem with it not starting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays.

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 6:46 AM

LET'S TRY THIS

..........AIN'T GONNA HURT A THING

YOU WERE ALMOST THERE........REMEMBER THE TERM "FULLY CHARGED" ---SEE MY LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1993-gmc-s15-93-jimmy-running-good-before-jumpstarted-useing-boost-start-on-charg

RETURN WITH A BIG OLE GRIN

Sunday, November 25th, 2012 AT 2:42 PM