1995 Chevrolet Suburban No high speed on fan

TSHACKELFORD
  • 1995 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
I have a 1995 Chevrolet Suburban that the a/c fan speed works on every position except high. I have replaced the resistor and the fan speed switch. Neither of those things fixed the problem. With the connector off the blower motor and a test light attached, power is present in all positions except high. When switched to the high speed position power is not present in the lead. Please advise. Thank you so much for any direction you might offer me.
Sunday, May 25th, 2014 AT 8:14 PM

WRENCHTECH
Check the 50amp maxi fuse in the engine compartment fuse box marked AC.

If that fuse is good, then you have an issue with the high blower relay or related wiring.

The relay may be hard to access as it's on top of the HVAC housing, under the dash.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/62534565.gif
+4
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 6:23 AM
TSHACKELFORD
I should tell you it is subject to come on intermittently and work for a few minutes and then go back off. Yesterday while troubleshooting it was off and after a period of about 15 minutes it came on and ran for about 5 minutes before stopping again. Didn't know if that helps, but obviously rules out the fuse. Thanks again for the help.
+1
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 7:48 AM
WRENCHTECH
I've already told you the only places the problem can be. Now, it's up to you to isolate the cause.

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/62534985.gif
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 7:53 AM
TSHACKELFORD
Thanks. No need to be a smarty pants about it. I'm on the way to the parts house for a relay.
+1
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 8:03 AM
WRENCHTECH
Nobody said the relay itself was positively the problem. This is what you should be determining. You can have connectors that have been overheated or damaged wiring that can cause an issue like this also. It just has to be within that circuit and should be pretty easy to determine.
Monday, May 26th, 2014 AT 8:08 AM