ES300 TRANS. PROBLEM

1994 Lexus ES 300

panm

August, 17, 2011 AT 9:45 PM

I have a 1994 Lexus ES300 and it takes 15 minutes before it will go forward in drive. It goes into reverse immediately. It is getting progressively worse because it used to be 8 minutes before it went forward in drive. This has been going on for a year now. Any help would be appreciated. I am on a limited retirement income and it costs a lot for car repair in Panama, so please take that into consideration. Thank you in advance.
PanM

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

August, 19, 2011 AT 2:04 AM

Sound like the transmission is slipping-Check the fluid level and condition if okay-bring it in and have it further check-also have the TPS and VSS sensors checked too.

panm

August, 19, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

Hi, rasmataz. Thanks for info. Can't bring it in. I live in Panama City, Panama. What are TPS and VSS sensors and where are they located?
Thanks again. PanM

August, 19, 2011 AT 6:24 PM

The TPS -throttle position sensor and the VSS is the vehicle speed sensor-You need a repair manual

panm

August, 19, 2011 AT 9:34 PM

Hi, Rasmataz

I have a Body Electrical System and 1MZ FE ENGINE. Pdf file and did
a search on both for TPS and VSS and the search turned up nothing.

What type of repair manual? Do you know a location to download for free?

Thanks for your help.

PanM

panm

August, 19, 2011 AT 10:18 PM

Another question, Ras.

Since the car goes forward after 15 to 20 minutes and is good all day, and goes into reverse immediately, it seems to me to not be a Velocity or speed problem, such as VSS or TPS. What is confusing me is that it shifts o.K. And goes forward normally after the intitial warm-up of 15 minutes. How would the VSS or TPS affect that?
One person wrote me on another web site, and suggested that a seal is not soft or a valve jammed until it gets warm. Just don't know.
With the electronic control of a ton of stuff in the Lexus, where does one start? Thanks for any help.
PanM

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement
Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions
Transmission Mount Replacement - RWD Cars