ALL ELECTRICAL WILL COME ON AND BATTERY TEST WAS...

• tricker19
  • 1994 Honda Civic

All electrical will come on and battery test was sat. But car will not turnover it will click like a relay issue

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

If you are only getting a click when trying to start it, chances are the battery is too weak to start the engine.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 12:19 AM
  • tricker19

I thought so to but the battery is new and is putting out 12.6 when off

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 12:53 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Have you checked all connections including the ground to the engine block? Are the battery terminals clean and tight?

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 12:55 AM
  • tricker19

Battery is clean and tight and I will check the ground to the block but I think that is fine to, now it will jump start with no problem does that help narrow things down could it be the starter even though it will jump

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 1:02 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Check the ground first. Then check to see if you are getting 12v of power to the starter. Have a helper turn the key to the start position while you check for voltage at the smaller wire on the starter.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 1:05 AM
  • tricker19

Ok im will check the ground and the power to the starter in on postion. If im am not getting the 12v to the starter that is my problem and I thank you, now the car will run fine once started by jump, I am assuming that the power out put from the battery isnt right, I will check the CCA, I have heard of good volts and bad CCA is that a possibility

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 1:13 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Usually the two work together, but if you have low CCA, the engine won't start. When you check the starter, have a friend turn the key to the start position.

Let me know what you find.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 1:19 AM
  • tricker19

Thank you so much for your help I am going to get back out there and see what I can do I will have the CCA tested at the parts store dont have the proper tool. Thank you again I will write again if I cant figure it out.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 1:21 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Sounds good. Let me know what you find.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 1:29 AM