CAR WON'T START

1989 Honda Civic

Amsm1234

September, 2, 2013 AT 10:09 AM

I was driving an the car shut down I checked the battery and spark plugs and that's not it I'm thinking the starter but not sure the car cranked yesterday but today I tried starting it and it dident even crank and it has gas don't know what it is plz help

caradiodoc

September, 2, 2013 AT 12:31 PM

You need some punctuation in that huge sentence, otherwise it can be read at least three different ways. The starter does its thing for a few seconds, then it just sits there until the next time you want to start the engine. How do you think that can cause the engine to stall? What you're describing is typical of a failed charging system. Start by measuring the battery voltage. If it is 12.6 volts, it's fully-charged. If it's closer to 12.2 volts it's good but discharged. Charge it at a slow rate, then have the charging system tested. If you find it's near 11 volts it has a shorted cell and must be replaced.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang