1994 FORD RANGER WON'T TURN OVER

• deb74
  • 1994 Ford Ranger
  • manual

The fuel injection aren't pulsing

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 AT 12:15 PM

• JDL

Are you missing anything besides fuel injector pulse? Engine cranking did you visually check for spark at the spark plugs?

Did you double check for voltage at the fuel injector plug, engine cranking?

As far as ignition, do you have a distributor. I haven't looked at your wiring, yet?

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 AT 1:35 PM
  • deb74

I have the dual coil packs with the 8 plugs. I have spark on exhaust side but not from intake side and from what I read already the intake side doesn't spark until the motor is running to burn exes fuel. I have fuel spraying out of the fuel rail when I push the shrader valve down. I can get the truck to start with starting fluid but wont stay running. It started out I had no voltage to the fuel pump so I jumped the interia switch and got power to the fuel pump. I already had my icm checked out and the coil packs.

Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 AT 11:07 AM
  • JDL

Sorry for the late come-back.

With dpi, cranking, single plug mode only, only the plugs on one side of engine will fire. After vehicle starts, the system goes into dual plug mode all the plugs fire.

Wednesday, June 24th, 2015 AT 11:00 AM