CAR WONT START WHEN WARM

1994 Eagle Vision

stevendanaelam

July, 5, 2010 AT 10:56 PM

1994 Eagle Vision 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I have replaced coil twice, cam and crank sensor as well. New plugs new wires. When my car is warm it sometimes won't start. Turns over but just won't start. After 30 minutes of cool down the car starts everytime. What could it be?

July, 6, 2010 AT 12:56 PM

When my car is warm it sometimes won't start. Do below to determine what's causing it if its fuel or spark

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard

stevendanaelam

July, 6, 2010 AT 1:06 PM

Al lthings have been checked. Everything is good any other suggestions. Can I get more information about the ignition

July, 6, 2010 AT 1:08 PM

If you're getting a blue spark and the correct fuel pressure -check the valve and ignition timing

stevendanaelam

July, 6, 2010 AT 1:47 PM

All have been checked. Just tried it again. Let car get warm and shut it off. When trying to restart it won't start.

July, 6, 2010 AT 2:00 PM

Test the ignition switch could be failing, what do you have for a fuel pressure?

stevendanaelam

July, 6, 2010 AT 11:18 PM

Ignition switch just replaced. Fuel pressure. Is at least 50

Planeteterre

September, 8, 2011 AT 4:56 PM

Hi my friend,

Finally, what was the solution to fix your probleme? I have the same. Yesterday I change the battery connections, they were slack.

But now the wether is arround 20 celcius degrees. The probleme comes usually when the temperature is over 26 degrees. So, I dont know if I fixed the problemes or not. I suspect the fuel pump.

The next step I will change the ignition switch. I tested everythings, cam and crank sensor, coil, all of vaccuom, valves, etc.

Please tell me if you fix your probleme.

Thanks and regards!

Alain
Québec, Canada.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement