1994 EAGLE VISION CAR WONT START WHEN WARM

• stevendanaelam
  • 1994 Eagle Vision

1994 Eagle Vision 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

I have replaced coil twice, cam and crank sensor as well. New plugs new wires. When my car is warm it sometimes won't start. Turns over but just won't start. After 30 minutes of cool down the car starts everytime. What could it be?

Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 10:56 PM

• rasmataz

When my car is warm it sometimes won't start. Do below to determine what's causing it if its fuel or spark

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 12:56 PM
  • stevendanaelam

Al lthings have been checked. Everything is good any other suggestions. Can I get more information about the ignition

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 1:06 PM
  • rasmataz

If you're getting a blue spark and the correct fuel pressure -check the valve and ignition timing

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 1:08 PM
  • stevendanaelam

All have been checked. Just tried it again. Let car get warm and shut it off. When trying to restart it won't start.

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 1:47 PM
  • rasmataz

Test the ignition switch could be failing, what do you have for a fuel pressure?

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 2:00 PM
  • stevendanaelam

Ignition switch just replaced. Fuel pressure. Is at least 50

Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 11:18 PM
  • Planeteterre

Hi my friend,

Finally, what was the solution to fix your probleme? I have the same. Yesterday I change the battery connections, they were slack.

But now the wether is arround 20 celcius degrees. The probleme comes usually when the temperature is over 26 degrees. So, I dont know if I fixed the problemes or not. I suspect the fuel pump.

The next step I will change the ignition switch. I tested everythings, cam and crank sensor, coil, all of vaccuom, valves, etc.

Please tell me if you fix your probleme.

Thanks and regards!

Alain
Québec, Canada.

Thursday, September 8th, 2011 AT 4:56 PM