Cold air from heater in 1993 Honda Accord LX

ROBERTLEI
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
The heater in my honda has been blowing cold air. So I changed the thermostat, following my chilton manual instructions. I also made sure there was no obstructions in the hoses (and heater core) going to and from the heater core. My radiator fan kicks on as it should, so sensors should be good. Is there something Im missing with the blower fan, or is the water pump going out?
Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 6:12 AM

KHLOW2008
If it is a water pump problem, you should be hacing overheating issues.
Did you check if the heater valve is operating correctly?
Is the vacuum hose connections correct and are there any leakages?
Are the cable adjustments correct?
Are both heater hoses hot when in heater mode?
Was system bled of air after replacement of the thermostat?
Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 AT 9:59 PM
ROBERTLEI
Havent had any over heating problems. The heater valve is working correctly. Where would any vacuum hoses for this situation at? Ive tried all the buttons for the cables for the climate control. They're all working. The hose going to the heater core is hot, the return (?) Hose is cool to the touch. Ive made sure the heater core isn't clogged, (I pulled it out and connected a hose to blow through it) there are no leaks in the heater core. How would you recommend bleeding the coolant system of air? Thanks for your help and your input.
Tuesday, February 15th, 2011 AT 11:38 PM
KHLOW2008
When engine is cold, remove radiator cap and checkcoolant level. If it is full, there is no air in system. If it is low, top it up, start engine with radiator cap off. Run engine for 5 minutes and top up if necessary.

Close radiator cap and run engine until fans comes on at least 2 times. Allow engine to cool and recheck coolant level.

The return hose being cold indicates coolant is not flowing. Did you check the hose to water passage for clogging?

Pull out the hose going to the heater core and use a water hose to connect to the heater core. If water comes out of the hose from engine, it is not clogged.

If uou had used air to blow through the heater core, it would not be accurate. Use a water hose to test. If the volume coming out is fast, then it is good. You can try back flushing the heater core. Apply the water hose to the return pipe from heater after taking off both hoses.
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 1:19 PM
KHLOW2008
Sorry, I forgot to mention anything about the vacuum hose. For some models the heater valve is operated by vacuum and solenoids.
Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 AT 1:21 PM