I HAVE A 93 WITH A STARTER PROBLEMS

1993 Honda Accord

vsasser

March, 5, 2012 AT 8:56 PM

Okay here we go I have a 93 accord lx tht for some reason is tearing up starters like 7 in the last 12 months n the problem seems to be getting worse thought it was cause it was a chewp starter so I bought the most expensive one sill tearing the bendex up. So I took the car to a trans. Shop and asked them to check my flexplate he said that my flexplate was fine but if I really wanted him too that he would change it so I did and now 5 days later im back at square one I need a new stsrter again. Is there anthing else I can do before I give up on this car?

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:04 PM

Automatic or Manual transmission?

Is it making any type of noise when the starter is cranking over the engine-could be the engine is seizing-up overworking the starter motor-

vsasser

March, 5, 2012 AT 9:35 PM

No it doent make ne funny noises at all in fact hen the starter is new the car starts up on a dime but the more times I start it it starts to hesitate to satrt till it wears down the bendix and the start wont kick it over ne more

March, 5, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

Check and test the ignition switch, starter relay and transmission range switch

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement