TRANSMISSION SWAP

1993 Ford Mustang

bruenjesjackson@gmail.com

April, 15, 2012 AT 6:50 PM

I would like to swap out the original aod automatic transmission in my 93 mustang gt 5.0 for either a t-5 or t-56 type trans. My question is if I buy the transmission what additional components (clutch assembly etc.) Will be required to complete the conversion. Additionally it would be helpful to know what fabrication will be required to hang the clutch pedals.

hmac300

April, 15, 2012 AT 7:42 PM

You will need the followingitems: clutch assy, trans, flywheel, flywheel housing, pilot brg. Clutch pedals, hydraulic clutch master and slave and components, maybe a crossmember, maybe a driveshaft shortened, and computer reprogrammed for manual trans insted of automatic. Clutch pedal hanging may not be to bad, you can go to places like powerblock tv and look on muscle car they have done it to the fox body car.

bruenjesjackson@gmail.com

April, 15, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

http://www.5speedtransmissions.com/gm_3550_package.html

tell me if this looks correct as far as hardware minus pedal?

hmac300

April, 15, 2012 AT 7:54 PM

Yes it looks about right but you would have to rewireyour neutral switch to your clutch pedal so your cluch would have to be in when you startedthe car, if you wanted to do it right.

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250