WHITE SMOKE OUT TAILPIPES & OCCASIONAL STALL BUT FIRES RIGHT BACK UP

1993 Chevrolet Silverado

a18lewis

May, 1, 2012 AT 11:38 AM

My k1500 has white smoke coming out the tailpipes when I start it. It eases up when driving but still smokes. It has a horrible smell and has smoked everytime I drive it. Engine sounds strong and starts every time but occasionally it stalls on take off. I just park it and start it right back up and it goes with no problem. Also, once I reach 45 it starts to make a sound like a motorcycle is behind me or an airplane and it rides a little rough so I slow down and the noise stops. My check engine light is on but I havent had it tested yet.

mhpautos

May, 1, 2012 AT 12:18 PM

We will need the codes first, does the exhaust smell of rotten eggs?

a18lewis

May, 1, 2012 AT 2:23 PM

No, its not a rotten egg smell. Its more of a fume smell. Like gas or something. Also, when I put it in reverse it makes he yransition harder than what it should. I can feel it shifting into reverse and I feel like when I speed up its slightly hesitant.

May, 2, 2012 AT 12:25 AM

Are there any spots on the ground

a18lewis

May, 2, 2012 AT 1:05 AM

Yes, my neighbor said its from my four wheel drive housing? My radiator fluid is kind of clumPy/milky

May, 2, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

Milky is not good. You need a leak down test to verify that you dont have a blown head gasket. A shop can do this for you. At least you will know for sure if you have major engine damage.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla