White smoke out tailpipes occasional stall but fires right back up

A18LEWIS
  • 1993 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

My k1500 has white smoke coming out the tailpipes when I start it. It eases up when driving but still smokes. It has a horrible smell and has smoked everytime I drive it. Engine sounds strong and starts every time but occasionally it stalls on take off. I just park it and start it right back up and it goes with no problem. Also, once I reach 45 it starts to make a sound like a motorcycle is behind me or an airplane and it rides a little rough so I slow down and the noise stops. My check engine light is on but I havent had it tested yet.

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 11:38 AM

MHPAUTOS

We will need the codes first, does the exhaust smell of rotten eggs?

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 12:18 PM
A18LEWIS

No, its not a rotten egg smell. Its more of a fume smell. Like gas or something. Also, when I put it in reverse it makes he yransition harder than what it should. I can feel it shifting into reverse and I feel like when I speed up its slightly hesitant.

Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 AT 2:23 PM
ASEMASTER6371

Are there any spots on the ground

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 AT 12:25 AM
A18LEWIS

Yes, my neighbor said its from my four wheel drive housing? My radiator fluid is kind of clumPy/milky

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 AT 1:05 AM
ASEMASTER6371

Milky is not good. You need a leak down test to verify that you dont have a blown head gasket. A shop can do this for you. At least you will know for sure if you have major engine damage.

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 AT 1:20 AM