92 HAS ALL 3 BRAKELIGHTS OUT.

1992 Honda Accord

jackst

November, 22, 2011 AT 11:52 PM

Brake switch has been replaced, right side brake senor replaced, new wire ran from brake switch to backside(trunk) of main harness. Don't have a voltmeter. Trying to figure it out without purchasing any tools, I know it will be a challenge. Any ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 22, 2011 AT 11:56 PM

You need something to check for power. Even a home made test light. If you ran a new wire to the main harness and they still don't work, there has to be a problem before the switch. You need to check for power. Make sure fuses are good too. Once you get a light or volt meter, check for power to the switch and out.

jackst

November, 23, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

It is a new brake switch. I think the old one still worked. The lights do work after I put in a new fuse, but as soon as I drive around for a very short distance then they go out again. I have tried wiggling all of the cables in the trunk with the brake lights on and nothing happens. They work. Until I drive to work the next morning.

jackst

November, 23, 2011 AT 12:56 AM

Jacobandnickolas

November, 23, 2011 AT 1:10 AM

Is the fues blown when this happens?

jackst

November, 23, 2011 AT 1:27 AM

Yes the fuses blow.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 23, 2011 AT 3:54 AM

There has to be a short between the new wiring you installed and the lights. Also, check the light sockets. I have seen them break down inside and short.

jackst

November, 23, 2011 AT 5:32 AM

The problem is the same even before the new wire was put in. I have one light socket that was corrided inside, but was still working. I disconnected the pig tale (the corrudied wire) and the lights still go out.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 23, 2011 AT 5:40 AM

If it is the same with the new wire, the problem has to be between the two. You bypassed the original wire, so that can't be the problem.

jackst

November, 23, 2011 AT 3:34 PM

I will look at the wiring again in the trunk after the main harness. I think I will close the trunk lid this time and from the inside start moving wires around until I see the lights go out. It they go out then maybe that will give a direction or side to pay more attention to. I will let you know what I find.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 23, 2011 AT 5:47 PM

Sounds good. Let me know, and have a great Thanksgiving!

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy