HELLO I HAVE 92 CADILLAC DEVILLE THE CLIMATE ...

1992 Cadillac Deville

john7

January, 8, 2013 AT 8:31 AM

Hello, I have 92 cadillac deville, the climate control panel wont light up until the car's been running 15 minutes or so. When the car's started the blower kicks on full blast, its kinda loud, and until the climate control comes on theres no way to shut it off. It just blows cold air which makes it even colder in the winter time. Sometimes the climate control dont come on at all though.
We've always had problems with the cars electrical system but this problem just started not to long ago. I've had problems with the door locks acting hay wire, flicking up and down. Locking/ unlocking, the fuel data center sometimes would flicker and act glitchy before it would come on and stay on. So its always acted like there was something electrically wrong.
From what i've researched, it seems more than likely that it might be the BCM thats the problem.
I just thought I would ask for further advice on what the problem might be. What to check for, what else to look at, how to go about? Any advice would be VERY much appreciated thank you very much.

No Heat

john7

January, 8, 2013 AT 8:42 AM

Further info: To be clear. The data fuel center works. Its just the climate control panel that wont light up.

January, 8, 2013 AT 9:09 AM

Have the progammer checked to see if it is the issue. Common failure in the old days

john7

I'll check it out thanks!

cadieman

January, 11, 2013 AT 3:00 AM

If the fuel data center is working then its not the BCM. You will need to replace the AC panel.

john7

January, 11, 2013 AT 4:34 AM

Ok. So if the fuel data center is working then the BCM's not the culprit. The climate control panel needs replaced.
Ok I'll keep that in mind. Thanks so much!

cadieman

If the bcm was bad neither panel would light up. Go to the salvage yard and get one. Make sure that they warranty their parts for 30 days. This should only cost you a few extra dollars.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic