What could be causing battery too die.

NIGHTSKIES4U
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD

I have gone through 2 car batteries in the last 7 months. Everything is turned off after use of said vehicle. Yesterday I drove it and a few hours later when I went to drive again the battery was completely dead. Thanks

Sunday, May 6th, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

ASEMASTER6371

I would start with the alternator check. Put a voltmeter on the battery when running and it should be at 14.5 volts

Sunday, May 6th, 2012 AT 5:20 PM
NIGHTSKIES4U

O.K. So even with a jump start the car won't even click so too speak therefore I'm unable too check the alternator.I forgot to mention that the last time I went to restart said that there was a strange beeping sound (NOT SEAT BELT ALARM) even with car shut off.

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 7:52 PM
DSHELLY77
  • 24 POSTS

There's a possibility that there is a parasitic draw on the vehicle

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 8:56 PM
NIGHTSKIES4U

Wow, It turns out that it was just the damn battery after all therefore (NEVER PURCHASE BATTERIES FORM A BONE YARD). Thanks for all the advice and if I weren't living/getting by on a V.A. Pension I'd always donate to you all

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 10:24 PM