I have a 1991 Ranger sport 3.0, two wheel drive.
* The fan clutch has been on for 15 yrs. And I can't break it free.
* I tried heating it with Propane.
* Question # 1 - the area where the wrench goes seems long, how far do the threads go so I
* know what area to heat with the propane.
* Question #2 - The Ranger /Explorer Forums don't really know if it is Left Hand Thread or Right.
* 70 percent say left hand or reverse thread, so that's the way Iv'e been trying.
* Is it LEFT HAND reverse or RIGHT HAND regular.
* THANKS , Kerry S.
You can look at the threads in the new assembly or you can look at the direction the fan blade spins. A lot of them spin backward because the smooth back side of the serpentine belt goes around it in such a manner. If you were to hold the nut from spinning, the belt will turn the pulley in the direction the threads would tighten up.