OLDS CUTLASS CEIRA FUEL INJECTOR PROBLEMS

1990 Oldsmobile Ciera

dewillsonjr

1990 Olds Cutlass Ceira Won't start. Car has a 3.3L engine. Previous owner changed ECM, crank sensor. I replaced fuel pump due to low pressure reading. We have spark and compression. I tested the voltage at the fuel injectors. Both wires read 12 volts in the on position and drops to 9 volts when cranking. Another thing I have noted is when done cranking the fuel pump runs for about 30 seconds (this seems excessive).

einsele

We have a 1993 same car and same car issues, we have done the exact same repairs and still will not start, it seems to back fire when trying to start. If you figure it out let us know. Seinsele04@comcast. Net and we will do the same for you! We also changed all plugs and wires. At a loss here.

dewillsonjr

Success, Found A POST FROM A RACER. Unplug one fuel injector and try to start. Repeat until you find bad injector. My car started with the second injector I unplugged. Now my $300 purchase will make me happy.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 10, 2011 AT 7:07 PM

Do you have power to the injectors? Fo you have a good hot blue snapping spark?

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma