OIL PRESSURE SWITCH BROKE OFF

1990 Chevrolet Truck

matttyw20

October, 9, 2012 AT 8:55 PM

I went to change my oil pressure switch and it broke off in the block so I welded the hole closed soo no oil would leak out where can I mount a new one its a 5.7 350 I know you can mount it somewhere near the oil filter but I cant find it please help me this is a pic of the only hole I saw above oil filter.

October, 9, 2012 AT 9:37 PM

You can't simply weld an oil passage for the oil switch. If you had overwelded the passage, it could get clogged. You should have drilled out the old switch instead.

matttyw20

October, 9, 2012 AT 9:41 PM

Cant drill out an easy out

matttyw20

October, 9, 2012 AT 9:47 PM

Lots of old cars dont even have oil gauges theres no leak so honestly if im not gonna get the answer to the question im askin dont say anythin

October, 9, 2012 AT 10:25 PM

We are here to help and if you want an answer that you know, then why ask?

matttyw20

October, 9, 2012 AT 11:35 PM

Funny so I said I knew where to adapt it near the oil filter thats a good one

matttyw20

October, 10, 2012 AT 12:23 AM

I didnt weld over the hole its still there if you know of a way to get the easy out out i'll glady drill throught he piece of brass and put it back in its original location will a punch break the easy out sorry jus dont have money to bring it to shop

October, 10, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

Get a new switch. Measure the size of the threaded part and get a drill bit that is smaller by at least 2 mm. Drill through and use the stud remover to get the part that is stuck to come out. You might need a punch that is sharp if the thread remover does not work.

I was tempted to stop answering your question by my professsionalism tells me not to.

Anyway, good luck.

matttyw20

October, 10, 2012 AT 3:26 AM

A drill bit will go through the hardened easy out

TPS Sensor Step by Step Replacement Guide
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Air Filter Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler