1. Place shift lever in "N" positoin. Rmeove boot retainer screws and bolts attaching retainer cover to gearshift lever retainer. Disconnect clutch master cylinder push rod from clutch pedal.
2. Pull gearshift lever assembly, shim and bushing straight up and away from lever retainer. Cover shift tower in extension housing with a cloth to avoid dropping foreign material into transmission.
3. Disconnect clutch hydraulic system master cylinder push rod from clutch pedal. Open hood and disconnect battery negative cable from battery terminal. Raise vehicle. Disconnect drive shaft at rear axle drive
4. Pull drive shaft rearward and disconnect from transmission. Install a suitable plug in extension housing to prevent lubricant leakage. Remove clutch housing dust shield and slave cylinder and secure it at one side.
5. Remove speedometer cable from extension housing. Disconnect starter motor and back up lamp switch wires. Place jack under engine, protecting oil pan with a wood block.
6. On 4WD vehicles, remove transfer case. Remove starter motor. Position a transmission jack under transmission. Remove bolts, lock washers and flat washers attaching transmission to engine rear plate.
7. Remove nuts and bolts attaching transmission mount and damper to crossmember. Remove nuts attaching crossmember to frame side rails and remove crossmember.
8. Lower engine jack. Work clutch housing off locating dowels and slide transmission rearward until input shaft spline clears clutch disc. Remove transmission from vehicle.
9. To install, reverse removal procedure.
Saturday, August 4th, 2012 AT 4:27 PM