THE FLUIDS LINES DON'T THREAD IN

1989 Ford Ranger

joe1953

August, 13, 2012 AT 5:26 AM

I can't use a brake line to flush the system out because the fluid lines on the clutch master cylinder/slave cylinder/Reservoir don't thread in.

mhpautos

August, 13, 2012 AT 8:39 AM

If you wish to flush the clutch system, just empty the reservoir with a syringe, wipe clean using a brake cleaner, top up and bleed the system as normal. See pic for bleeding details.

joe1953

August, 13, 2012 AT 5:10 PM

The reservoir is clean, so when I fill the reservoir with brake fluid I can see the brake fluid running out at the other end of the fluid line that run from the clutch master cylinder, and a little power steering stop leak is running out to, so I believe there is still some power steering stop leak in the clutch master cylinder.

mhpautos

August, 13, 2012 AT 9:06 PM

You added power steering stop leak? Why did you do that? You will now have to replace the master and the slave, this stuff works by swelling the rubber seals, they have probably turned to mush by now, that is why the system is leaking so badly.

joe1953

August, 14, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

The reason I added power steering stop leak because the slave cylinder was leaking, and I try it to see will it stop the leak, so now I have already replace the slave cylinder, but I have not connected the line to the slave cylinder, the line want go into the slave cylinder.

mhpautos

August, 14, 2012 AT 7:40 AM

You have proberbly damaged the seals in the master cyl with the stop leak, that should be checked, as for the clutch line, Mitchell 1 says that it is a clip fit, you just push the fitting in, it should not be threaded, if it will not lock in, the clip will proberbly be damaged.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions