Vents

NCG717
  • 1987 TOYOTA CAMRY
All the vents in the car no longer work, and the back window defrost button no longer works, and the temprature gauge no longer works, either. How do I fix this?
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 4:45 AM

KHLOW2008
If the blower fan is not working, it could be a faulty fan motor which would have to be replaced to rectify.

The temperature gauge could be due to a dislodged sending unit wire, faulty gauge or wiring.
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 2:41 PM
NCG717
Okay, thank you. I know it's the vents that aren't working, I don't know if they are the same thing as the blower fan.(I honestly didn't know what topic and sub topic to put my problem under.). Thank you!
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 5:34 PM
KHLOW2008
Do you hear the fan blowing?
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 7:52 PM
NCG717
I hear something when they're on, and on one of the vents, the driver's side, I feel a tiny bit of air coming out.
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 8:15 PM
KHLOW2008
If the fan motor is working, at high speed the noise should be quite loud. If air is not getting to the vents, it could be due to a bad motor fan blades. You would need to remove the motor to check. The other possibility is clogging or leaking. If air is blowing hard under dash, it is due to a leak in the system.

Underdash there are some cables from the vent control panel. Ensurs all cables are attached correctly and moves when the vents lever is moved to change position.
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 8:30 PM
NCG717
Okay, but I'm wondering about something. The circulation of where you get your air from either the outside or inside. Do you know what I'm talking about? I don't know the proper name for it. Anyway, it's hard to move from saying the air is going to come from outside verses inside. It's like something is in the part where it is to move, where you drag the thing from one position to the other. Would that have something to do with it?
Friday, January 28th, 2011 AT 8:46 PM
KHLOW2008
That is the fresh air control.

IT switches between fresh and recirculating air. It would not affect the amount of air blowing.
Saturday, January 29th, 2011 AT 5:06 PM