84 WONT START

1984 Pontiac Trans Am

OhYah84

April, 3, 2012 AT 2:48 AM

I have a 1984 pontiac trans am 15th anniversary edition. It has ran beautifully for a while, until it died on my dad while on his way to work and now the car wont start or even turn-over for that matter(absolutely no noise when I turn the key) and it has a brand new battery so I'm wondering what is wrong?

fixitmr

April, 3, 2012 AT 2:54 AM

Do dash engine lights come on when turning key?

OhYah84

April, 3, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

Nope absolutely nothing.

saturntech9

April, 3, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

Just to add to this one sounds like the alternator might have failed. Do you have a multimeter to see if the battery went dead?

fixitmr

April, 3, 2012 AT 3:18 AM

Start checking battery connections and fusible links on starter.

OhYah84

April, 3, 2012 AT 4:18 AM

We got a new battery maybe a month or a couple weeks before this happened its brand new, we even tried to jump the car and it wouldn't start

shane84ta

April, 15, 2012 AT 4:09 PM

I have the same car, same exact problem happened to me yesterday. Driving down the road it was like I shut off the car. Lost all power to everything except cigarette lighter and the gauge lites. I cant even get theto hazzards to work. I also replaced battery a few weeks ago. My first guess is the fused lnks to the starter but I have not had time to check it out.

OhYah84

April, 30, 2012 AT 3:52 PM

Fuse links where indeed broken. Charred actually. We spliced and replaced them however that apparently didn't seem to do the trick. Hoping you found something else. (Alternator is 100%the by the way)

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement