84 Trans Am wont start

OHYAH84
  • 1984 PONTIAC TRANS AM

I have a 1984 pontiac trans am 15th anniversary edition. It has ran beautifully for a while, until it died on my dad while on his way to work and now the car wont start or even turn-over for that matter(absolutely no noise when I turn the key) and it has a brand new battery so I'm wondering what is wrong?

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 2:48 AM

FIXITMR

Do dash engine lights come on when turning key?

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 2:54 AM
OHYAH84

Nope absolutely nothing.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 2:58 AM
SATURNTECH9

Just to add to this one sounds like the alternator might have failed. Do you have a multimeter to see if the battery went dead?

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 3:16 AM
FIXITMR

Start checking battery connections and fusible links on starter.

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 3:18 AM
OHYAH84

We got a new battery maybe a month or a couple weeks before this happened its brand new, we even tried to jump the car and it wouldn't start

Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 AT 4:18 AM
SHANE84TA

I have the same car, same exact problem happened to me yesterday. Driving down the road it was like I shut off the car. Lost all power to everything except cigarette lighter and the gauge lites. I cant even get theto hazzards to work. I also replaced battery a few weeks ago. My first guess is the fused lnks to the starter but I have not had time to check it out.

Sunday, April 15th, 2012 AT 4:09 PM
OHYAH84

Fuse links where indeed broken. Charred actually. We spliced and replaced them however that apparently didn't seem to do the trick. Hoping you found something else. (Alternator is 100%the by the way)

Monday, April 30th, 2012 AT 3:52 PM