WHAT SHOULD I DO

• arturookc
  • 1983 Chevrolet

I have an 83 chevy truck P30 van thats been sitting for about 6 months
it wouldn't start so I changed the fuel pump, started was running for 10-15 min. Killed it then wouldnt start

Friday, December 2nd, 2011 AT 8:19 PM

• rasmataz

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Friday, December 2nd, 2011 AT 8:34 PM
  • arturookc

The fuel pump is mechanical no elctric fuses or pump relay

Friday, December 2nd, 2011 AT 11:33 PM
  • rasmataz

You replaced the pump ran for that time-look for spark

Saturday, December 3rd, 2011 AT 7:15 AM