WILL TURN OVER BUT WONT START

1979 Dodge

JMOORE

April, 21, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

1979 DODGE RV 360 HAVE REPLACED THE BALLAST RESISTOR AND DIS CAP AND ROTOR BUTTON AND THE HOLE DIS ALSO HAS NEW PLUGS AND WIRES

Will turn over but never starts it has tired before but wont I have replaced all plugs and wires and dis also the cap and rotor button and the ballast resistor and ing coil?

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:01 PM

Do you have spark? While grounding a plug wire and engine cranking over?

JMOORE

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:05 PM

No I did a couple weeks ago and then it started has new plugs in it

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:07 PM

So what's going on now-

JMOORE

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

It will turn over that all before it would act like it wasnt getting fuel and try to start but has new fuel pump on it and all it does now is turn over and sitting in rv the first four plugs are dry but smell fuel on the and the four that are close to raditor are wet and have fuel on them.

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:14 PM

Is this a fuel injected engine?

JMOORE

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

Yes it is I have tried to use starting fluid and before it would hit and now it just turns over and im getting fuel bc I can look in cab and see it spraying out

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:30 PM

Check fuel pressure if its within specs also use a noid lite and check every injector harness -the lite should be blinking while cranking over the engine

JMOORE

April, 21, 2012 AT 10:35 PM

How would I check fuel pressure and it has tried to start and run but all of sudden it stopped and it had a lil old gas in it I but 10 gal of good gas and octan boost also it it could it be that old gas keeps fouling out plugs?

JMOORE

April, 21, 2012 AT 11:16 PM

Would like to know wht to look at next or check everything is test in specs
seems like it turns over a lil slow it seems but couple weeks again would try to start

April, 21, 2012 AT 11:48 PM

You need to check the fuel pressure with a gauge and then comeback with the readings-also check if the fuel filter is clogged-up

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right