03 Hyundai Accent 1.6L DOHC won't fire, no spark

PARKERJ2914
  • 2003 HYUNDAI ACCENT
No spark at all. Its a 2003 model accent 1.6vwhat would keep from firing. It wont even spark and 2 new fuel pumps, filter, starter, battery, crankshaft sensor, fuses, even a New coil pack. Still won't fire.I about to go crazy all ready spent $800.00
Could you let me know it would be really appricated I cant find nothing on youtube or the internet to help. Thank you there is nowhere to get help on this car. Thank you again
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 11:13 AM

This sounds like an engine control relay has gone bad which is located under the dash on the drivers side. here is a guide to help you test and confirm the failure and the location of the relay with the engine wiring diagrams to help you see how the system works.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 12:45 PM
PARKERJ2914
No security system. Fuses checked all good. 2 new CPS. Don't have a scanner for codes but my even relay was corroded with blue battery acid looking stuff. Ordered a New one will be in Thursday. Could it be something simple like that to cause it to fire? The red cord had power but none of the rest did.
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 1:24 PM
Yes the corroded part can do that try cleaning it off and use dielectric compound on it when you plug it back in. Also your car does have a security system they all do since about 1998
+2
Sunday, January 17th, 2016 AT 1:31 PM
PARKERJ2914
It was the ecm relay was corroded bad bunch of blue n white acid build up. I'm just glad that it was that problem and not something else. We were out of ideas. Everything that I did change on the car wasn't meaningless though was not wasting any money would've replace anyway because it 13 years old tractor parts so it wasn't a waste of money. Thanks too all your help. If any one else has this problem, no spark or fire 2003 Hyundai Accent DOHC 16V 1.6L. It's the ECM relay got it 17.50 I think after tax's it's the best option to start there if not getting fire. Then to the crankshaft and ignition coils. Thank you again for the help will recommend for other people to use this site
+1
Sunday, January 24th, 2016 AT 6:19 PM
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.

Cheers
Monday, January 25th, 2016 AT 7:04 AM