CHEVY MY HEATER IS NOT GETTING HOT

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

Heater problem
2001 Chevy Tahoe V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 125567 miles

MY HEATER IS NOT GETTING HOT THE HEATER CORD HAS BEEN CHECKED, THE RADIATOR HAS BEEN FLUSHED, THE HOSE HAS BEEN CHECKED AND WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO BE DONE. PLEASE HELP
Shillard31

Hi: How was the heater core checked?

Checked to see if the floor on the passenger side was wet but it was not.

Shillard31
Hi: Is the engine warming to normal operating temp? Is the coolant level full? If you feel the heater core hoses when the engine is hot and the heater is on, are they both warm?

Let me know.

Yes the hose is warm and the coolant is full the radiator was flushed today all of that has been checked please help me and thank you

Shillard31
What does the temp gauge read (the one that looks like a thermometer [most times])?

Jqball2u
Was the heater core flushed? I flushed the heater core on my Blazer and the heater is hotter than ever. Take both hoses off that are coming from the radiator and hitting the fire wall. Get your water hose and put it on one and then the other. Your going to get wet but it will work. If that is not the case then check the thermostat. Thanks

Dennisfc2000
Hi: If both hoses are hot and the engine runs at a normal operating temp (around 200 degrees) there must be a problem with the blend door not opening to allow heat to enter the cab. Near the heater core is where you'll find the item. It's located in the HVAC duct work and may be stuck.

Check for that and let me know what you find. NOTE: The heater core is aprox behind the glove box.

Let me know if this helps.